Thursday, July 12, 2012

119. Still Life with Marathon Medals & Blue Macaw

This was definitely the most complicated still life because it had the most moving parts. I purchased the display cabinet on eBay a few years ago, but it wasn't until February 2012 when I actually photographed it. Again, I like to make things difficult on myself, therefore it was important to me that all of the pictures, medals, and newspaper clippings were created by myself.

One example of this: I built in that Jack was a boxer before he ever took to running. Therefore I created a trophy with the exact date that corresponded precisely with these facts.

There are a few B&W images of fictional Young Millie in the background that are age-accurate for her in the 50's. I really enjoy this one (oval gold frame on the left) because in real life it is only about an inch tall.

This image is literally the accumulation of an overly-specific storyline and 5 years of gathering and creating props. This is the last photo that I captured, and will ever capture, for this body of work.

No comments:

Post a Comment